EZGO Electric Golf Cart Motor Wiring Diagram

James Campbell

I just purchased a 1994 EZGO medalist 36 volt golf cart. It needed new batteries and battery tray. Batteries were already removed, I replaced the battery tray. Now I'm trying to get all the wiring hooked back up. There are 4 cables running from the control boxes in the front and just hanging down in front of the axle, I'm pretty sure that they hook up to the motor, but not sure which cable goes where. Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram? Also I noticed the 2 studs on the front side of the motor have a jump cable on them.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There shouldn't be any jumper on the motor studs. Take a look through the EZGO Resource section of the forum, there's a wiring diagram for your golf cart there.
Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No problem, you're welcome. :hattip: Let us know if you can't find the right wiring diagram in the EZGO resource section of the forum.

James Campbell

Got it hooked up, but now the solenoid just clicks when I press the accelerator. Going to buy a new one today and see if I can get it going.

Glen Batchelor

Check the solenoid with a continuity tester before you buy one. Take off the load contacts and diode and check across the two large studs with the tester.

James Campbell

Old solenoid was bad, but now only way it will go is if I put a jumper wire between small stud and one of the big studs on the left side of you are standing at front looking towards the rear. Any suggestions on what the problem could be? Could it be the big diode that runs between the big studs?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does the new solenoid click when you press the throttle without using a jumper? If not I'd test the micro switch on the throttle.

Patrick L

Cartaholic
I don't want to hijack this thread, but, my problem [ posted above] seems the same as James. My throttle switch seems to test fine. When disconnected and jumped. No voltage when open, full voltage [ only used 12v] when closed.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The best way to test a micro switch is with a ohm meter. You can also unplug and connect the two wires on the throttle micro switch together to bypass for testing to see if the cart runs.