EZGO Drive Clutch Parts Diagram

ekamm

Can someone show me a picture or parts diagram of the EZGO drive clutch under the cover. I have a 1996 EZGO TXT. I don't really get the whole spring setup. The clutch doesn't open when the engine stops.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Take a look at this post in the EZGO Resource section of the forum. It has a diagram for a EZGO drive clutch. Welcome to Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum. :hattip:

ekamm

My clutch is the same as the picture not the diagram in the resource section. Question about the two springs in the picture, Is one the original part and the other an upgrade?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Yes Sir.

The spring helps with the return but the clutch will return even if the spring is broken, the clutch may have to be taken apart and cleaned.
It can be taken apart with it still installed on the engine:twocents::usa:

ekamm

I ordered a spring but it isn't correct. Can any one give me an ezgo number that would correspond with the picture above.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Yes i have used there spring and have been happy. Will not find it any cheaper:twocents:

ekamm

I really just want to use the factory number if you have it. Not hotrodding or anything and I need to order from an ezgo dealer or precision small engine.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I do not have the stock spring number, i still question why your clutch is not opening up. is your spring broken? either way the belt will open the clutch unless its stuck.

ekamm

That is the view with the cover off, no spring I don't know what happened but the cart was purchased used.

ekamm

That is for the driven clutch that is what I ordered incorrectly. The picture above is the correct spring. The ends of the spring are quite different and the diameter and length is wrong.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Hmm, I looked in the parts manual and it lists 600583 as the part number for the drive clutch spring and the driven clutch spring part number is 26304G01. That's also the part numbers the EZGO website shows for both springs. :dazed:

ekamm

I guess that I shold say the picture that comes up when you click on the link is the driven clutch spring. You are correct though the number 26304G01 is the one that I ordered possibly the pic is just of the wrong part I will check w my ezgo dealer.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Let us know if 600583 is the correct EZGO part number for the drive clutch spring after you check with the dealer. Good luck. :hattip:

ekamm

Still waiting on my dealer called yesterday he said that it was in stock when I originally called but it wasn't shipped.:censored: