EZGO Brake Lights

Johnnyv

Good evening

New here, first post. I have learned a lot from this site regarding my 1994 EZGO Medalist.
I am in the process of making it street legal and purchased a light kit. It included light bar for the front and two separate lights for the rear. My question is, has any one installed brake lights on a Medalist? If so, did you cut the black plastic on the fenders or install in another location? If I cut the black plastic it looks like the lights would point upward toward the rear seat I have installed. I have not been very successful in finding any Medalists with brake lights to see what others have done.
Thanks in advance.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If your light kit has a dual element bulb socket the brake lights will be in the tail light lens. How may wires do the tail lights have 2 or 3?
Where did you get the light kit and what's the model number?

Johnnyv

Lights have 3 wires. Item #5816 from buggies unlimited. Is the whole wiring kit and lights. Question is more around where to install. Kit came with bezels just want to make sure where to install them.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That kit looks like it's a cut in kit and the tail/brake lights would go in the black plastic. You should have gotten a templet and instructions with the kit. If you didn't get the templet you'll need to contact Buggies Unlimited so they can send you one.

Johnnyv

Thank you sir. Yes they supplied templates but after looking they sent an electric kit instead of gas. They are sending a new one. I will upload pics when I get them installed. Thanks for the feedback.

Johnnyv

Wanted to upload photos of finished product. With rear fenders a little higher than TXT model I wasn't the happiest with where the brake lights are located but all works well. Posting for others who may have a Medalist and wonder what lights would look like.

IMG_1100.JPG

Attachments

Johnnyv

Yes they are on the correct side, at least per instructions and as marked. If I swap sides they fit worse. They market this kit to fit txt and Medalist. I think it would fit txt better as it looks like there is more rear fender for the bezels.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
They don't look bad. I know EZGO use to make a light kit specifically for a Medalist and they looked the same way. The way the rear of the Medalist is designed doesn't give you a lot of options.