EZGO Battery Meter / Gauge Reads Low After Charging

ezgoesit

I have a 2000 EZGO and just put new batteries in and the battery meter is still reading low after charging batteries. When I first put the batteries in the battery meter was reading full. I plugged it in and charged the golf cart over night and now this morning the battery meter is reading low. So I drove it around for awhile it ran fine but after driving it around the meter now reads completely empty and is blinking. Could it be just a lose wire or do you think its the meter or gauge what ever you want to call it?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Charge the cart until the charger shuts off then unhook the meter for a minute and reconnect it. That should reset it.

ezgoesit

Ok so I charged it until the charger shut off unhooked it for like 10 min and then hooked it back up still having the same problem. Any other suggestions? Do those gages go bad? You would think if the gage was bad it would stop working not just reading wrong.

dougmcp

The meter should reset itself each time you recharge the cart when the charging voltage exceeds 2.2v-2.4v per cell (for a 36v pack - 39.6v-43.2v).

When you recharged did you let the charger complete it's cycle and shut off automatically?
What is the voltage reading of your batteries at the charger port?

ezgoesit

When I charged it I let it charge until the charger shut off by itself. And when check the battery pack its reading 39v.

dougmcp

Is this a Curtis 10 LED meter?
There are numbers on the back, what are they?
Is yours a 3 wire hook up?
If it is installed incorrectly it won't reset.