EZGO Backfires Through the Carburetor

SirMiker

I have a 2000 EZGO Workhorse 350cc. It backfires through the carburetor. I have 175 lb compression The timing is correct.I adjusted the valves at .006. new plugs. I don`t know what else yo try. I need help

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Is this all the time or deceleration
Timing, valves, and advance would be my first choice

SirMiker

Checked all of those things. No difference. Gave up and took it a repair shop,waiting for answer. Will let you know when it is fixed. Thanks Mike

SirMiker

Got the cart back, they checked all the things I did and came up with the same as I did.they put a new coil on it it stopped backfiring. It pops once and awhile through the exhaust sometimes when starting. the told me if it gets worse try a new carb. Thanks for all your help Mike

asand211

I'm in the same boat. I have an EZGO ST350 that had a broken rod when I got it. Pulled the engine and shipped to Motors and More for a rebuild and I bought a replacement carb from them as well since the original one was in bad shape. Got it back and all together and it backfires through the carb. It will actually send flames out of the intake. One thing I noticed is the linkage, which I believe is the governor, over the rear end seems to be sticking and I wonder if that is part of the issue.