EZGO 4 STROKE VALVE ADJUSTMENT

superdave

Are there timing marks on the crankshaft or camshaft that must be aligned when adjusting valves on EZGO 4 stroke gas engines? What clearance do the valves need to be set to?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I always pull both spark plugs and turn the engine by hand to find the lowest spot on the lobe. EZGO calls for .004 but if you run the cart hard .006 is best.

Here's a lnk with pics and instrutions on EZGO valve adjustment.

superdave

Thanks for the link to the valve adjustment procedure. I adjusted the valves, the adjustment was not off by much. Appreciate the help, again, thanks.

LetsGoPens71

My old lady bought a 99 E-Z-GO last year and really had issues with pretty much the whole time she's had it. We had problems with the battery losing power, not enough get up and (loss of power) go! We replaced everything from battery, spark plugs, air & fuel filters, fuel lines, battery cables and finally the ignitor. We got it up here to the lake where it stays all summer and it ran fine for awhile then just went back to running like crap, smelled of gas not much power so we thought we needed to pay someone to take a look at it. Went to a local golf cart store and the guy said it was most likely the valves needing adjusting, went bought the tools we needed followed the diagram on the forum and it runs great!! No more pushing this thing up hill, her friend lives on a hill and that's where we had major loss of power. No more embarrassment, Thanx for step by step instructions. Sorry for the bad grammar

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks for the compliment on the site. Glad you were able to get the cart running good again and thanks for the follow up. :hattip: