EZGO 350 OIL PUMP CHECK

allis

How do you check the oil pump on a 350 with the engine out of cart. I just tore down a 350 and it had one busted rod and the crank for this rod was covered with alum. The cart was running with one cylinder and I was showing oil in the top end. Was wondering if you could tell me what to check to make sure the oil pump is good.:hattip::usa::usa:

country

you can spin the motor over with an impact or drill with valve cover off it should sling oil every where if its pumping if you still have the motor apart take the oil pump out it comes out in two peices if i remember correctly and clean it real good to make sure there is no metal inside i rarely rebuild them when ours blow they throw the rods through the block usually

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
always need to mark the rotors so they return to there same spot of rotation.
The side case does wear a bit but seldom becomes a problem, oil pressure gauge while spinning the engine is the only way to know for sure what's going on.. :twocents:

ENG-279_l-min__21298.1525264436.1280.1280.jpg

allis

I have not been out to the engine yet but will it have a plug if you do not have a pressure switch

allis

Thanks Nubs for you always have all the answers:usa::usa::usa:These flags are for my very dear friend and neighbor who is a Pearl Harbor Survivor that will be 95 years young tomorrow:hattip:

allis

What kind of pressure should I be looking for, I have to have the cam worked on before I can spin the engine

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've never checked the oil pressure on a EZGO gas golf cart. Is the 30-40 lbs at a idle Nubs? Just asking for my own knowledge and to help others who may see this.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
How do you check the oil pump on a 350 with the engine out of cart. I just tore down a 350 and it had one busted rod and the crank for this rod was covered with alum. The cart was running with one cylinder and I was showing oil in the top end. Was wondering if you could tell me what to check to make sure the oil pump is good.:hattip::usa::usa:
What did you ever come up with Allis?