ezgo 2 stroke 3-wheel help

hearserider

ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
so i recently picked up what i believe is a 1981 ez-go 2 stroke, the oil reservoir is already out of it, and it's been sitting for a few years now. i filled the gas, checked the plug, and checked the compression, the only thing i'm seeing wrong is that there isn't gas coming out of the pump to the carb, i can suck fuel through, and gas spurts out of the pump when the hose isn't on it, but it doesn't seem to push fuel up to the carb, is there any way to prime it? also, i opened the pump up, and it's astoundingly clean, like, pure shiny metal and all the gaskets and diaphragms seem kosher, i'm more familiar with the older electrics so any help would be appreciated.

thanks- hearserider

hearserider

so i took the carb apart and it looked clean all accept the bottom of the bow and the bolt/drain that holds the bowl on. i sprayed it out, i didn't take it all apart because i haven't seen a rebuild kit for it, it's a mikuni carb.

this much i do know, it runs with gas the the carb, or ether, and at this point the pump actually pushes gas into the car because it was full when i took it off.

does anyone have more info on this cart? and does anyone have pictures of how the oil injection is supposed to be blocked off? because i'm pretty sure it isn't blocked off, but the reservoir is gone along with the lines.

thanks again- hearsrider

hearserider

i wish i knew what model it was, where would i find this on the motor?

and an update, i gave the carb a thorough cleaning, unbolted the exhausted, and it fired up. drove for about 5 minutes and then died, i unbolted the exhaust again and only got a couple of backfires and sputters, and the same again when i bolted the exhaust back onto it. i'm baffled

maybedave

There should be a plate on top of the engine next to the coil, and that should tell you what model it is. I am guessing its a robin 244cc, model EC25DS.

If you have a yahoo account I can email you a manual in pdf format. If you don't want to post your email then just email me here at cartaholics and I can email it to you.

You said earlier that you did a compression test, what were your numbers?

hearserider

i left out the fact that it wasn't a true compression test, because i don't have the tools or the money for the tools, but i didi the old finger on the plug hole trick and i couldn't keep my finger on it cranking in either direction, but i would appreciate the manual, my email is [email protected]

maybedave

I emailed you the manual, but I would suggest that you try and get a true compression test, you might ask around and get someone to do a test for you or maybe try borrowing one.
Good Luck

hearserider

thanks for the help everyone, i thought about renting the tester, but the parts store near me makes you pay full price and get it refunded, i'm working on it at a campground so i'll see if anyone around maybe has one i can borrow

maybedave

I thought this link would help, I have used these pictures tons as its basically the same set up as mine. In fact I have this saved in my favorites for future references.