EZGO 2 Cycle Golf Cart No Spark

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Sounds like a bad or missing ground, bad connection , did you have it running before at some point?

Billy White

It was running before. I have 10 or so volts at the coil. When i use a meter to read the plug voltage it is only 10 or so i think it should be more. It is a new coil and i did have it at around 30v at one time but i cant get it again and it also had a spark on the plug but only one time when u initially hit the gas.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
It was running before. I have 10 or so volts at the coil. When i use a meter to read the plug voltage it is only 10 or so i think it should be more. It is a new coil and i did have it at around 30v at one time but i cant get it again and it also had a spark on the plug but only one time when u initially hit the gas.
So your saying that each time you hit starter it will spark once? Or you only got one spark the first time you tried it.

Billy White

It had spark each time i hit the gas pedal. Now it has zero spark anytime. I have 11.5v at the coil and tried several coils qith no luck.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I would check the pulsar coil, it tells the igniter to fire the coil and when. There should be a manual for that engine some where in the ezgo resources section of this forum but i’m Not so you will have to look.

Billy White

I think it is the pulser coil it tested bad. I removed it and found it to be bad. Going to order one. Thanks everyone. One more guestion should the crankcase have oil in it? mine is dry or does it use sealed bearings or something

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Should be dry, the bearings get there lube from the oil mixed with the gas.

Billy White

Well the pulser coil fixed the starting problem, it does run but misses at full throttle. To me it doesnt seem to be runing wide open when at full throttle. It does not pull very good or run fast. The compression was over 100 when i checked it.