EZGO 14" Lift Build

matt75

Well the law caught up with me today in my neighborhood, asked me a bunch of dumb questions and told me not to have it out again. He said he could give me $700-$800 in tickets. He could have just waved back but I guess when you have to work on saturday its your job to bring an end to peoples harmless fun. Oh well I guess Ill just have to get it street legal so next time he cant do s--t. Its not like im speeding, running stop signs etc. come on the freakin speed limit is 20mph..... Im not some 8yr old kid on a mini bike that cant be seen coming down the road. If my mouth would have said what my brain was thinking Id be in jail but Id feel better.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That sucks!! You know if he see's you again he'll be writing some tickets. I've been pretty lucky here at home. The only time they ever bothered me I asked the cop where the golf course was and he laughed and pulled away. Out at the cottage their legal inside the gated community so no worries there.

matt75

You got lucky, the cops in texas have big cowboy hats and even bigger attitudes. I do have a couple of friends that are sherriffs deputies for harris co. and the wouldnt do that kind of crap but the constables have somthing to prove I guess.

FBJR

OK, let me play the other side for a moment. (yes this is what I do)

You put the cops there to do a job. Most are taught "spirit of the law" vs "letter of the law". How you are treated in this most of the time is up to you. Do you give the cop a bad time because "your not hurting anyone"

What is the diff between you and an 8 year old on a minibike? You are older and know better, the 8 year does not normally.

Do you have legal lighting on the cart? DOT tires? Do you follow the rules of the road while on the cart?

Remember, most cops are good guys and will tell you just get it off the road. That is what I do 90% of time.

Traffic cops are a diff and need to keep up with "performance requirements" (quotas) and will cut you little slack.

Yes, I ride my cart on the street, but not alot!!!

Otter

The cops here in Virginia Beach seem to be more worried about us riding our carts in my white collar neighborhood than quelling the gang situation in the ghetto 8 miles from here. I've riddin it twice on our streets with my wife, Sandy and 2 of our daughters, we have 4. Both times my cart was still stock as far as lift and speed.

I got stopped the second time. The cop was cool and asked me not to drive it on the streets anymore but did tell me there was a way to get riding them on our neighborhood legal. Major pain in th a$$.

I'll just stick to riding at the campgrounds and on the my buddy's farm.

I just don't see how riding my cart responsibly is illegal when a kid who "is eligible for a Drivers License" can ride a gas scooter down our streets legally. Which situation would likely result in blunt head trauma more?

gornoman

I keep a ball in the ball holder in case I get stopped:

Officer: "Just what do you think you're doing?"
gorno: "Playing through, sir."
Officer: "But you're 1/2 mile from the nearest golf course."
gorno: "I got lost...."

matt75

Just thought Id share somthing with you all, I got on my cart to move it to the other side of the garage so I could set up some tables and when I lightly pressed the accelerator I could hear noises almost like a fax machine would make coming from the raido in my garage. That just goes to show how much power is moving through these sparkies.
frank.gif

matt75

Yep Im an AM junky. Michael Savage, Man Cow, Dennis Miller, Dave Ramsey and Walton and Johnson every day while driving between service calls.

gornoman

Where do you get Man Cow? He's a Chicago guy. I'm sure he's syndicated, just wondering how far that a-hole reaches. If you can't tell, I really hate him. He had a long stay in the Chicago market that just never sat well with me, or my friends.