EZGO 14" Lift Build

matt75

I now have everything needed to finish the cart. Today I picked up 6 batteries, charger, wire, new f/r main plate and cam, battery tie down, cart side charger receptical and the most important part of all........KEYS! Stay tuned, ITS COMING!!!

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I know how you feel about the 110 welder. I've been using a 110 Lincoln Weldpak with flux core wire for about 8 months now. It's possible to get decent welds but it needs 3 passes on anything over 1/8". I don't like the A B C D heat settings either.

matt75

Thanks Ace!! At least you have 4 heat settings, mine is a walmart blue light special and only has high and low. As for tires, the TSL's would look killer but the 22" tires will have to work for now for the same reason I went for 36v instead of 48v $$$. Ive spent almost a grand in the last 4 days on my cart and only have about $100 left in my cart budget. That should be enough to pay for anything I may have forgotten. I did get the deal of the century this afternoon, I traded a friend of mine a set of stock 15" steel '79 chevy PU wheels for a rear seat for the cart. It just needs a fresh coat of rattle can black and the seat rewraped. cant beat that!

matt75

Thanks FatDaddy. I wanted to let every one know that the cart is done, well its never DONE but my wife and I and MR. INSANITY took it crusin under its own power for the first time tuesday night. It was such a great feeling to drive it after seeing what it was, or wasnt when we brought it home from the lake. I want to say thank you to everyone here at cartaholics for all of the help youve given me throughout this build. It would have taken me ten years to build it instead of eight months. Ill post pics when ever I can get home from work before dark.
Thanks again, Matt

matt75

Well, here it is, finally!
14" Custom lift
10" ITP Wheels
22" Turf Track Tires
Custom Brush Guard with Off-Road Lighting
36 Volt Interstate Batteries
400amp EVC Controller
The wife and I have been thoroughly enjoying driving it around the neighborhood. Can't wait to take it to the lake!!!

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

...Still to come,
Rear seat
Rack and Pinion Steering

matt75

Thanks Ace, Rod & Olboy. It does turn some heads in the neighborhood. Weve gotten tons of thumbs up, honks and waves, but if I here one more kid yell "hey let me drive it" Im going to start crushing bicycles

matt75

Gorno, Ive seen a post here somewhere that said that the person liked the way it rode without them. I got the same opinion from a friend who is a cart mechanic and from Mr. INSANITY who did the 30" EZGO lift. I figured Id form my own opinion and try it without the shocks. So far it rides great around the neighborhood, we'll have to see how it does at the lake with the rear seats, hd springs, a load on the back and dirt roads. If it turns out that I feel it would ride better under these conditions with shocks I can install some fairly easily, but for now the cart is very stiff.
Matt

PS I do have a pair of chrome suzuki savage coil overs that would look killer on the back and act as the shock and extra support for the extra load....

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Hey Matt the bends in the tubing look great. What kind of tubing bender did you use to make those? I'm in the market for a bender. Is it easy to learn how to use one? I like the JD Squared Model 3 the best so far. To bad the dies cost so much!!

matt75

Thanks Ace, I used my friends bender that he got at Northern Tool and Equiptment. I dont know the model of it but its the style with the bottle jack that you put the die on top of and the pipe jacks up into two rollers. It comes with about eight diffrent sizes of dies that dont fit any pipe correctly. I had to beat the pipe out of the die by banging it on the ground after every bend. Its a real pain but it beats using your hands. I would not use this thing again. I would spend the money on a good one.
Matt

matt75

Ace, First make a bend you like then lay the pipe on the concrete and trace it with a piece of soapstone. Then bend another piece and see if it lines up in the lines you drew with soapstone. If not put it back in and bend it a little more. Once there right, cut off any excess pipe and youve got two matching bends. For one pipe with a bend at each end, bend one end then trace it and bend the other end to fit in the lines. Its very time consuming but it works.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Cool I want to build a roll cage for my yamaha. I might give the HF 12 ton bender a try. For only $69 it's worth a shot.

Did you use it to bend pipe or tubing?