EZGO 14" Lift Build

matt75

Hey,
New guy here, wanting to get in on the topic board. I'll post some pics soon of my EZGO with 14" lift build.

full

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

That's one hell of a lift for sure!!! It looks like nice work you've done on it. If you can get some more close up pics and keep us updated on the cart.

OlBoy

Thats going to be one awesome cart. How about some specs on the lift and how you built it.

matt75

thanks for the positive feedback. :D i still have some more fab work to do before im ready to tear it back apart to finish all the welds, grind them down, sand blast and paint the frame and suspension. the lift is pretty basic. the cart still uses the stock springs front and rear with pivot points on the bottom side of the springs. from there i used pipe to extend the axles down, widened the front by cutting the stock axle and and adding a piece 1.5" by 1.5" square tubing to the center and then gusseted the axle for added strenth. i then added two link bars from the axle to a peice of 2" angle welded to the center of the frame. the rear lift is done the same way except i got a used driver side axle, extended the axle tube by again cutting the tube and adding a 7" peice of pipe. the steering works well but i think im going to remove it and install a rack and pinion. ill post more pics after everything is painted. thanks again.

matt75

thanks ace. as you know the driver side axle is longer than the passenger side axle so i picked up a used driver side axle, cut the passenger side axle tube, welded in a 7" piece of pipe so both axle tubes are the same length and installed the used driver side axle in the now longer passenger side tube. the front was done by cutting the tow hitch out of the middle and adding a piece of 1.5" by 1.5" square tubing to the middle and welding it in. i then added 3/4" pipe gussets for strength on both front and rear axles. if you want any more info on my lift just ask. ill post more pics in the ez-go forum after its painted which may be a little while due to the fact that our baby will be arriving soon and the wife has me doing more honey dos than i can count.

matt75

just an update, the body is going in for a bath in house of color metallic silver next week. guess i better get the frame and suspension done so i can put it back together.

matt75

just finished all the welds tonight. 4 lbs of mig wire through my POS 110v mig. im not building any thing else until i buy a real welder and a plasma cutter, im tired of doing this the hard way. the body is at the paint shop, it was planned to be metallic silver but i always wanted to drop somthing off at the paint shop and say "surprise me", so i did. ill start sand blasting tomarrow and then ill paint the frame and suspension. the body should be done in two weeks and ill post some pics once its put back together. the only thing ill be lacking at that point will be batteries. im ready to run this thing, the wait is killing me .

PS. i keep reading about hd buss bars, what the heck is a buss bar?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Your forward and reverse switch has two buss bars. They connect the contacts on the cam side of the switch. I would highly suggest you use them in your setup.

matt75

The color is House Of Color Stratto blue. When the wife asked me what color it was going to be painted I told her I really did not know, then she says she really liked the color of her sisters husbands motorcycle. So i had to make a last minute call to my painter. It was a good call. Its not the exact color of the bike, its 100X better.
BIG thanks to Kevin at Slaughter House Customs in Spring TX

matt75

Thanks HRC and Olboy. so im standing in my garage looking at my cart scattered all over the place and spotted the roof and seat back up aginst the wall and could not resist. i loaded it in the truck and off to the paint shop i went. so in a week or two the top and seat back will be painted the same color as the body. the voices in my head control me, im so weak!

matt75

Update: I picked up new seats from golf cars of houston on fri. Sent the side handles off to paint and the cushions out for a blue and grey vinal treatment. THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME!

matt75

Update: the seat back and side handles are still black [ cant make up my mind ] but the top is blue. The seats are not recovered yet because they sat at the shop for two weeks without being touched so I picked them up and decided to wait until I get the rear seat so I can have them all done at once. Everythings painted and Im starting reassembly in the morning so I hope to have pics up on monday.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That sucks about the seats but it may be better to get the rear seat done at the same tims as the front. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.