ez go wont go

ezfishing

i have a 2001 pds ez-go. i took the batteries out and replaced metal tray.then re-installed the batteries and now it wont go!it moves slightly and solenoid is clicking.i forgot to put tow switch in tow mode while doing the change and wionder if i fried the controller? I DONT WANT TO BUY one till im reasonably sure its bad !all new wires on batteries. any suggestions would be appreciated

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Was there any sparks when you were replacing the batteries? Have you tried the charger since you replaced the batteries?
If the wiring is right and all your connections are good I'd say it's the controller.

ezfishing

yes i did have a few sparks. i have been over the wiring several times and it looks correct. i did put it on charger ror a brief time yesterday and it seemed to be working. im gona charge it tonight and regoup in the morning. i thank you fore your assistance

ezfishing

i jacked rear up and wheel spins very slow. tested from m- to either side of solenoid and volts went from 0 to about 7v when pressing gas .im assuming this means bad speed controller?

shadowman

1st did you double and triple check to make sure all batteries are installed correctly? very easy mistake.......all wired from pos to neg. in series...............if so then yes.............................
cool.gif

ezfishing

yea i have checked batteries several times and even had a buddy look at them to make sure i had it right! wish that they were wrong but its all in just like the diaghram! ordered a used controller .ill let you know how it goes . thanks for your help

ezfishing

fixed cart today. found the "plunger ' IN the pedal box had came off and was laying in box ! should have looked in there earlier! got a spare controller now.thanks for all your help

Hellbilly1188

For future reference if u have a reverse buzzer do the trouble shooting by putting cart in tow waiting a few then put back into run.....make sure key is of then go from N to R five times should here a beep when turning key to on......from there u may have to hit the acceleration pedal pending problem.....will then get a code from the controller in a series of beeps from reverse buzzer.....then on the front of ur controller box u have what the codes mean......u won't always get one just depends what the problem is but it does cover a wide range of stuff and makes working on them quite easy......however I have found on occasion that if controller goes bad it will sometimes say something else is because remember the controller is telling u what is wrong so if there is something wrong with controller may not tell u.....

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
So is the cart running now? A couple post ago you mentioned you found and fixed the problem. If everything is working you won't get a code except for different beeps depending on which plug/chip you have installed on the controller.