Ez Go PDS II to DCS Wiring

xtremecarts

Hello, I have a 2006 EZ Go Shuttle 6 48 volt. I purchased a new motor/ controller combo and was told it would work on my cart. After receiving the items realized the instructions for wiring the controller (Alltrax DCX500PDS) was totally different from my cart. Contacted Alltrax and was advised I have PDS II system and they do not make a controller for this system, but he stated I could rewire the cart DCS and the controller/motor would work. Also the new motor will not work with the stock controller. Has anyone done this or know how difficult it would be? Is it worth the time and effort or put it back together stock and leave it alone? Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I haven't worked on any PDS II carts so I can't tell you how difficult rewiring it would be. Take a look at a DCS wiring diagram and compare the differences. Alltrax should be able to supply you with information on the conversion details also.

As far as is it worth the trouble or not all depends on how bad you want to upgrade the cart...

xtremecarts

Thanks or reply. I printed out the DCS wiring diagrams. Then tried to locate a PDS II diagram to compare it to with, no luck yet. I spoke with Alltrax, they told me it could be done but they did not know what it involved. I want the performance, just don't know how big of a headache it will be!

xtremecarts

Well, I now have the PDS II wiring diagram, doesn't appear to be that difficult to swap. Now I have a question about the motor swap before th rewiring begins. They sold me a 8.4 hp peak motor with the Alltrax dcx500 controller. The cart specs show the cart having a 15.2 hp with 400 amp PDS II controller. The new controller was mapped for torque and I was told this set up would give me 70% more torque and a few mph faster speed. Are the factory motors hp ratings that exaggerated, it just doesn't seem logical to get that much better performance from half the motor. I know there are alot of variables, including controller, windings, etc. I would like to believe the suppliers and manufacturers, but these are the same guys who told me this set up would be a straight forward install on my cart! Any input would be greatly appreciated, before I begin the transformation!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's hard to say what the true HP is on motors. Some vendors have a way of making their ads mis-leading. What are the rated RPM on the motors? What are the make and model numbers of both motors?

Here's a link to another diagram for a EZGO PDS II Drive System.
EZGO PDS II Wiring Diagram