EZ GO Marathon Half Speed Question

jerusty74

I have a 1977 Marathon (resistor cart). The problem is it is faster in reverse than forward. The half speed wiring for reverse looks to be removed. I have checked all the other wiring, replaced the F&R switch, micro switch and resistor coils. It only has one micro on the F&R. I have also tested the batteries with and w/out load, all tested 36.4 v. Would replacing the half speed wiring solve anything for the forward speed or is this just common for reverse to be faster? Thanks.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's normal for the old resistor carts to be faster in reverse if the half speed micro isn't connected. It won't hurt anything running it the way it is now.

jerusty74

Thanks! So I really wouldn't gain anything by replacing it, other than slowing down reverse and having a buzzer? Is reverse geared lower on the older carts?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Like you said the only thing you will gain is half speed in reverse and the reverse alarm. The gear ratio is the same in bot directions. I'm not sure why the old resistor carts are faster in reverse but everyone I ever saw was.