Ez go loses speed and then stops

Adb15464

I have a 1998 ez go we have replaced all batteries, cables, speed control, solenoid, micro accelarator switch, inductive throttle sensor, key switch, and the reed switch. Now when u get in to ride it will go about 30 feet and then it slows down and then stops, u can hear the motor turning but will not go. You can go back in about 30 minutes to an hour and it will move a few more feet. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? I have replaced everything possible I believe. My battery charge is 37 volts. Each battery is reading 6.3 volts. Help!!!!

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
if you can hear the motor turning i would make sure one of the brake drums are not striped. i'm no electric guy but i've seen em do it. its easy to check anyways.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
no know about the lack of power, pull the hub caps if it has them and look at the axle nut as you push the pedal. if it spins faster than the drum/wheel then the drum/hub is bad
twocents.gif

pbsdaddy

I'm assuming you have a TXT series cart. The hubs on it are splined, as is the motor to the drive gear.
Jack the cart up, it's best if all four wheels are off the ground, and see if everything appears to work when the pedal is pushed.