EZ GO body put back on

sleepyluke

I am wanting to put the body on with screws this time istead of the rivots because I persnally hate them for working on the cart. Does anybody know what variety I need to do this? I know I am not the only one that does not like fooling with drilling everything out all the time. Do you use a larger threaded screw only, nylon nuts, what seems to work? Also, if you happen to know hwo many different sizes I need without making major drilling modifications!! This is this weekends project, so any help is greatly appreciated.

matt75

I plan on putting my ez go back together with stainless allen bolts, stainless washers top and bottom and nuts with nylon inserts [ not sure what the proper name for them is but there steel nuts with nylon inside them making them lock nuts ] to prevent them from backing out. this will let you take your cart apart without drilling out rivits and it will look sharp with all of those shiney allen bolts. as for attaching the front body panel to the dash you will need to use speed clips on the body because you will not be able to get a nut and wrench under the body. a speed clip is a small clip with a threaded side so it slips over the hole in the body and gives you somthing to screw to. if you cant figure out what one is ill post a pic for you. as for the size, your just gonna have to eye ball it but i would not use any thing that i had to drill a larger hole for or you might wind up with a bolt big enough to look out of place. good luck.

matt

sleepyluke

Speed clips make sense, but how do I get them to hold there while I get the body on, or can you get a finger in there to hold to the back so you can get the bolt threaded? Thanks for the thoughts...

matt75

there shaped like a J or a U so they will slide over the mounting tab on the body and line up with the hole. they fit snugly if you use the correct size and there is no need to hold them in place. ill dig around in the garage and try to find one and post a pick to show you.

CartMechanik01

I would personnally put the rivets back in the dash panel, I have OEM rivets for this if you need them and it is much easier to install them if you have an air powered rivet gun, we can fully install a body in about 5 min. with one.

matt75

im trying to stay away from the rivits and go with the stainless also. im sure the rivits are easy but stainless looks good and installs with an allen wrench
wink.gif

gornoman

Rivets are REAL handy when fastening "blind" components. If you can't get to the backside of a connection a nut/bolt won't work.
wink.gif