extra battery

gambler22

I am new so i will ask. It has probably been ask a hundred times before but, what would happen if a person added an extra battery giving a 36 volt cart 42 volts? ...Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've seen guys add the extra 6 volt battery and some have no problems and others fry the controller. The stock controller is only rated for 36 volts. The 36 volt charger won't fully charge a 42 volt pack.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
They usually will. I'd go with 48 volt solenoids but I know there's a few guys running 48 volts with 36 volt solenoids without any problems...

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

oh man this could be fun :) i need to find me a car battery fast lol just to try it out i take it i would get more speed? so just dropping the battery in series and go right no changes to anything?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It will work best with two 6 volt golf cart batteries but you can try it out with a 12 volt battery. You'll get more speed and more torque...

gambler22

Yes i know i would have to charge that battery seperate. I thought it would work. I have the speed enhancer (over drive)That sure helps the speed. Thanks fpr the replys ghuys, I may just try it. Rwead my name. Gambler LOL

gambler22

How about it Tiger, Should we try it? Since we both have G1 1980 yamahas if it did not hurt yours it probably wont hurt mine. You try first Tiger and let me know. HA LOL..

gambler22

Tiger that ebay number for the (speed booster kit) is 350187954623 It is 34,99 buy it now and 6.99 shipping. I emailed the guy and he said allways wait until full speed before you pull the switch and it would not hurt the motor. My cart had it all ready, but i was looking for something else and found it. . Check before buying it , I dont want to be the cause of you frying your motor. ...

gornoman

The product this guy is selling is commonly refered to as a "shunt", and it WILL burn up your motor. It's only a matter of time.