Evolution 110AH BMS Reset

Notsoslim

Cartaholic
Is this the battery you are referring to? I would think the BMS would recover on its own after a shutdown after 30 seconds. Did you try to shut the battery off with the on/off button and let it sit for awhile? Fairly low discharge rates on this battery especially if you have tall tires.

Continuous Discharge Current 110A
Max instantaneous discharge current 400A (3 sec)
Protection Recover Automatic (30 sec)
Low Voltage Disconnect 41.6V
Self Discharge per Month @ 25℃ <5%

Notsoslim

Cartaholic
L48110
Technical specification
Nominal voltage:51.2V Nominal capacity: 110Ah Stored energy:5.28kwh Life cycles:>3500 times
Self discharge:max 3.2% per month Mileage (2 seat at 13mph): 40-55miles/full charging Continuous charge current: ≤70A Continuous discharge: 100A
Maximum discharge current: 3C(30s) Quick charging time: 1-2h Standard charging time: 4-5h
Charge temperature range: 32°F to 110°F (0°C to 45°C)
Discharge temperature range: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 55°C)
Storage temperature range:-4°F to 113°F (1month)(-20°C to 45°C) 32°F to 95°F (1year)(0°C to 35°C)
General specification
Cell combination: 16 in series circuit Cell assembly: 3.2V110Ah Casing material: Aluminum Alloy Weight:102.7lbs(46.6kg)
Dimension(L*W*H):21.0*13.8*9.8in IP rate:IP66

Skoerber

I am referring to the BMS inside the battery. If you open the battery up and remove the connectors from the BMS will it reset? Or does it have a memory after it is disconnected and reconnected.

Notsoslim

Cartaholic
Most reset on their own. Yours may be malfunctioning or worse. My Lithium has a diagnostic port for the dealer to analyze if it fails. I am pretty sure if you open it the warranty will be voided. It the warranty is over you have nothing to lose as long as you don't short it out. My point is 100 amps is pretty low for a continuous discharge rate. Does it have a history of shutting down?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
One cell is charging all the wall and it is not completely charging the rest of the cells
You will probably have to open the battery and manually balance the cells, I talked to an evolution dealer once about battery issues, I think that is one of the fixes he was talking about. I know they also have many different BMS's and I think they may have installed balance boards under warranty in some of them too? I didn't pay that much attention to the specifics I don't work on too many Chinese golf carts.

Skoerber

I don’t think balancing them would do anything. It’s definitely a computer issue because the one cell that is high is pulled down with the others when in use.

Attachments

• IMG_5787.png
    IMG_5787.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 3

Notsoslim

Cartaholic
The BMS also controls charging. It may be reading the one fully charged cell and shutting down preventing a full charge from happening on the rest of the cells. You may be able to disconnect the one cell and then charge the battery. You would then be able to hook that one cell back up and the cells would be balanced. Maybe. I would like to hear someone more versed in lithium battery builds chime in.

Jeff10456

I don’t think you would be able to do that because the charger would be outputting too many volts for the number of cells.
you could get an adjustable power supply
but you would have to be their with it and monitoring

either that or a power resistor to drop the excess volts