EMC Golf Cart with Curtis Controller Fault Code 3-2

Aussiegolfguy

G’day all, I have a EMC 48v golf cart that’s giving me grief. I have very little experience with electronics but here it goes.
the controller (Curtis/sepex) status light is showing fault code 3-2. If I cycle the run / tow switch code disappears and cart goes like a rocket but as soon as i release the throttle and contactor clicks the fault code reappears and the cart is reduced to a crawl. Internet search say contactor welded or something like this. Has anyone got any suggestions on where to start to try and repair? The closest repair shop for is 500km away"..........Please help if you can. Thanks for reading.

Aussiegolfguy

I have just noticed this morning that the fault code will change from 3-2 to 2-4 when I turn the key off. When I turn the key back on the fault code goes back to 3-2. Arrghhh!

Zman

Cartaholic
I would test the 2 large posts on the solenoid and see if both post have 48 volts. If they do replace solenoid.

Aussiegolfguy

Righto. Have replaced solenoid and it fault code 3-2 has gone. Cart is cruising along okay but still have code 2-4 coming up. Wondering if this code has something to do with first solenoid playing up. Also my battery gauge flickering between the to lowest battery levels on gauge. Any thoughts?

Zman

Cartaholic
Flickering is normal, its a warning your batteries are low. Not sure why you have the 2-4 code, it may have to be cleared with a scanner tool.