Electrical system questions. please help

neub7

Hi, I am new here, and new to working on carts, so please be patient with me. I have a 96 club car with the ignitor on the coil. My cart was having some issues. It would run cold, but not start after it warmed up, it wouldn't run. After some research I unhooked the ground from the rev limiter and it fixed the problem. My question is, after I unhooked the ground wire the cart still goes the same speed and doesn't over rev at all. The only thing that has changed, is that it seemed to fix my problem with it not starting warm. Do i need to change the limiter or is just unhooking the ground gonna be a cheap fix. Also, i have noticed that my cable that goes from the top of my motor to the frame towards the front of the cart is missing. I assume this is some sort of ground but my cart is still running without it. Is it necessary, and how soon do I have to replace it. Is it going to cause any immediate damage? I am currently camping and am not near a parts store to get a replacement wire. Thanks for your help in advance.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Welcome
tip.gif
usaflag1.gif

the rev limiter should be fine if left unhooked, the missing ground should be replaced that some point but should not cause damage.