Electrical Problem With 2010 48 Volt Yamaha YDRE Golf Cart

Stillcabin

I'm having an electrical problem with a 2010 48 volt Yamaha YDRE golf cart. Apparently a plug (socket if you will) that had what I think was a RELAY plugged into it got shorted on a positive battery terminal and totally melted.. The socket might be salvageable, but the RELAY, or whatever it was is totally gone. A local cart dealer told me that Yamaha would not sell individual wiring components, preferring to sell the entire wiring harness, which I do not need. The wiring in question is about in the center of the battery area, near the on/off towing switch. Any advice on locating socket and whatever (relay?) was plugged into it would certainly be appreciated.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Just any socket there are thousands a picture would be perfect and what does it connect to and what does it run because it probably blew something else also

Stillcabin

Diode, thanks so much for response. The wiring that was affected is just a 4 or 5 inch section with 4 wires(black, black/white, white and red) that comes out of harness. I have several pictures of socket on my IPad, but don’t know how to post them to forum. Sorry I’m not so great on those things. Could I send them to an email address, or could you tell me how to post them to forum.

Stillcabin

I went to local golf cart repair shop with photo of socket, Their mechanic identified it as a diagnostic port and felt it would have no bearing on performance of cart. Came home and tinkered a bit to no avail. I believe at this point I will take it to the shop for diagnosis and repair. Thank you for reply. I sincerely appreciate your interest.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I’m going to bet on controller If it was programming port and it shorted to a battery it took out the control of the controller

Stillcabin

Hey guys, got it going—Fat Trout Carts in Dallas, Ga. fixed me right up. Identified problem as faulty(fried) cmtroller and had me back going the next day. Can’t really enough nice things about these guys—they are super nice to work with. Thank each of you for your interest in my problem. Great resource