Electrical Help with EZGO to 48 Volt Club Car IQ Conversion

Need electrical help with complete EZGO to 48 volt Club Car IQ conversion. First off I want to say thank you to anybody who can help me with this electrical because it has been driving me insane!! I have read every Forum post I could and pulled every diagram I could to get me this far but I need some help from the experts because I know it's probably pretty simple so I will give you all the info I know and hopefully somebody can help!
The golf cart is a custom 79 EZGO three wheeler that I completely strip down and have rewired with a 48 volt kit I purchased from a local golf cart shop. I believe the kit is a Club Car IQ because that's the wiring diagram I found that matched my wiring colors.
The controller is a Curtis 1206 HB and I have the black box that goes around it with the Run tow switch. I have all the correct correlating wiring harnesses that went with the kit.
All new batteries, 6-8 volt, new wires.
New pedal box with new mcor
New solenoid, new forward neutral reverse switch, new charge port, new charger.
so I have everything hooked up the way it looks on the diagrams and I will display some readings and hopefully we can figure out where I'm at!!

Main issue I see is solenoid not clicking

Pack Voltage - #6 battery + #1 51.2 volts

Solenoid Readings volts
- #6 battery + large post controller 50.6
- #6 battery + large post connected #1 battery positive 51.2
- #6 battery + small post blue wire 50.8
- #6 battery + small post yellow wire 51.2

+ Large post - large post 00.2
+ Small post - large post 00.2

Also I see no changes when I press pedal, in pedal box I have white wire and a black wire to its, when I'm looking at terminal side of its white wire is on right side black wire on left side, is this correct?
And for the micro switch I have a red wire and a green wire green wire is going into the terminal on the back of the micro switch marked com1 and red wire is attached to the terminal of the micro switch MC2 oh, is this correct?
I hope this is a good start I really appreciate any help anybody can give me

I figured I might as well ask him make sure these connections are correct as well,
At the key switch I have a white wire and a white wire with a yellow stripe. I have the white wire with the yellow stripe attached to the battery terminal and the white wire attached to the ignition terminal. My key switch has the terminals battery, accessory, ignition.
Also it is wired bypassing onboard computer, from the charge port I have a black wire going to my negative, a gray wire with a box around it that I tapped on to an extended to the negative of the battery, a red wire going to positive number one, and then a blue wire that is connected to a orange wire

And last thing I could think of when I plug it in to charge it does charge a full cycle with a solid green finish light, no red lights on the charger. sorry I so much information just trying to give as much as I can I truly appreciate everyone's help

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
see if this sheet helps

Attachments

• 77-E-Z-GO TXT 1206HB Install Sheet-370.pdf
    938.3 KB · Views: 12
Ok I ran through those tests, here's results:

Checking motor windings: all tests were in spec

Check main solenoid:
Solenoid coil (no less than 100) resistance measures 187.9
Attaching jumpers to small terminals SOLENOID ACTIALLY CLICKED FOR FIRST TIME EVER resistance reads .7

Pack Voltage. 51.2

Pin 5 (must be pack Voltage) I only read 36 v here...???
Pin 9 ok have pack Voltage
Pin 10 ok 0 volts key off pack volts key on
Pin 8 ok 0v in reverse pack volts in forward
Pin 16 ok. Ov in forward pack volts in reverse
Pin 7 ok pack volts in neutral
Pin 6 ok 0v pedal up
Pin 6 NOT OK with pedal down reads 0v not pack Voltage
Pin 1 ok. Reads 14.8 v
Pin 2 ok .3 v
Pin 2 ok 2.6 pedal pressed
Pin 13 ok 0 v
Pin 15 ok 14.5 v

Soo, only issues we're

Pin 5 voltage to low...is this an issue coming from charge port??
Pin 6 reading no voltage with pedal down

The testing went better than I thought so hopefully this is an easy fix that's why I went to The Experts whoever figure this out I will mail you a roll of toilet paper!!

Okay my pack 5 wire is a orange wire with a red stripe, after I cut the wiredo I tap to the side going to the controller or to the side away from the controller or splice into both? I tapped into just the side going to the controller and have pack voltage there now still just an issue with solenoid clicking over? I did just verify again if I tap the small solenoid post to the battery positive and negative I do get a click. I'm wondering if it is something coming from the pedal? Sorry I was away from my house yesterday and couldn't get back to this but hopefully we can figure it out today

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Before the cart will go you need five or six inputs then the controller will allow it to go you're missing the foot pedal input on pin 6 and input on pin 5 don't care about colors of wires you can run jumpers straight from the battery instead of splicing and all the extra work

Okay I got the foot pedal situation figured out and the solenoid now clicks as it should. That issue was in the stupid harness that connects the foot pedal to the main wire harness two of the little connector points were pushed down in the rubber harness and wasn't allowing power to the micro switch after I pulled the pedal assembly realize I had no power to that microswitch. So now should I just go out and run a jumper to pin number 5? Also I just want to be sure I have my wires right on the ITS before I close this up it has no markings for polarity on it, when I look down at the its on the backside where the Rod would exit I have the white wire on the left and the black wire on the right that looks like how the wiring diagram has it I just wanted to make sure.
I'm a man of my word and it looks like this cart might be running today so I'm going to owe somebody a roll of toilet paper šŸ˜

Okay now I am really thrown off, I ran a jumper wire 4 pin 5 to the pack positive and have pack voltage at Pin 5 now. When I hit the gas the solenoid clicks and then the controller makes a weird humming noise and then the solenoid clicks off. Even if I hold on the gas pedal after a few seconds the solenoid will click off. Motor is not engaging. So I started to go back through the troubleshoot checklist and realized I had the forward reverse switch wired backwards from what the diagram says. I had Orange going to forward and green going to reverse which is opposite the diagram however when wired like this the reverse buzzer comes on and the pin voltage checks out correctly. if I wire it like the controller diagram says with green forward in Orange reverse I get no reverse buzzer activated and no voltage at the forward or reverse pin?? should I just wire the way that works or is there an issue causing this?