Electric Club Car Battery Light Comes On Frequently

hunter09

I have a 96 club Car 48 volt electric golf cart and it seems that even after a good charge, the battery light comes on and off frequently. How can I get it to stop doing this? Usually when youre driving, it wont be on. Thanks!

06z400rider

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I just had a 96 CC 48V doing the same thing, and it stopped charging shortly after that. It ended up being an on-board computer. $200. That fixed it, and it charges properly now, too. It could be something else for you, maybe your charger isn't putting enough voltage into the pack and it really does have low voltage. Have you checked battery pack voltage after a charge? If you have good voltage, and the light is still coming on, I'd be thinking OBC. :twocents:

shadowman

Also keep in mind if you find everything ok, sometimes those battery lights just act up. I have seen it a hundred times. What color is your battery light?

hunter09

im really stumped now....charged it overnight..charger gauge now reads full charge but light is still on and off even while cart is just sitting there. How do you check the battery packs?? thank you so much, i really dont know much about these.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Let the cart sit for an hour after a full charge cycle and take a voltage reading on each battery.
Then use the cart for a hour or so and test the voltage again. Post the results on both tests.

Also check and make sure the batteries don't need water.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You'll need a digital volt meter. You can check the voltage on the individual batteries without unhooking any cables. If you don't have a digital multi-meter you can pick up a cheap one for around $10...

cartdr1971

You could have a bad cell in one or more batteries that can cause the light to come on as well. How long do the batteries take to charge? If your cart has the onboard computer with the yellow light then most likely it has been changed. The originals had a red light and were very prone to going bad.