EFI Governor Adjustment

criyi

Hey guys, been looking everywhere for the newer cart governor adjustments with no luck. Only old stuff which made me nervous on my 2022
E-Z-GO Express L6. Spent a few minutes trying to play with it and went from 14mph stock to 21mph. I didnt want to overspeed the motor so this is where I am stopping. Here's what I did.

Downloaded a free speedometer app on my phone and got the stock speed of 14mph. After adjustments got to 21 and stopped. Basically this is all I did by laying on my back at the back of my cart with a 10mm open end wrench. Hope this helps (NOTE: This will void your warranty so weigh those options.)

Governor-2022.jpg

criyi

Changed it a number of times checking speed each time. Everyone says do only a couple threads and that got me 1 mph so I went a bit more.

Grandpa 001

I adjusted mine on my 2022 S4. Although I didn't measure the speed it is noticeably faster and I am happy with that. The factory setting start point was just like yours noted in your photo. The engine sounds fine at the new setting, photo attached.
20230714_045047.jpg

Grandpa 001

An issue has developed after about 15 minutes cruising around today, the engine started to hesitate like it was running out of gas. I moved the governor setting back and it still is hesitating. The gas is fresh, check all connections around the engine all ok.
Any idea's?

Grandpa 001

Hello,
I picked up my S4 from the dealer today. I spoke with the mechanic, he found that the temp sensor failed. The sensor monitors the engine temp and changes the amount of fuel based on how hot the engine is. The sensor is clipped on one of the piston fins. He also mentioned that he used a scanner to troubleshoot the engine. I suppose EZGO only lets the dealers have the diagnostic device.