E Z Go

Derwood69

hello i'm new to this sight .i need some help i just bought a 1999 e z go txt with a 4 cycle robins 2 cyl.engine i don't know how many horse power.i think i made a mistake buying it.because after buying it people are telling me that the engines are junk they break the rods ,they don't have enough power the list goes on and on.i wanted it for hunting.can't walk like i used to .did make a mistake ? i cant find much info on it but E z Go has built about a zillion carts.surly they can't be that bad.you think.any info would be great THANK YOU !!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to Cartaholics.

The engine will be fine as long as you take care of it. Keep it full of oil and do the regular maintenance and it should give you years of service. There's a lot of people who use EZGO and other gas and electric golf carts for hunting. I think you'll be happy with the cart as long as you take care of it.

essness

Welcome Derwood,
Like HRC said, they are good motors and will last for years with the proper care and maint. Just like any machine.

Derwood69

Thanks you . I hope so But do they have enough power to go up some hills ? not that i'm going mountain climbing or anything just wondering about the power.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
as long as you don't go to tall with your tire size and maybe a few clutch modifications you should be fine.

MikesMotorToys

You have a 295cc - 9hp twin cylinder Robin motor. The engines are nearly bullet proof - BUT - your cart is 11 years old. The life expectancy of your pruchase will also be based upon proir years maintenance / abuse. If it runs well now and doesn't smoke, then you're in good shape. I would be concerned with the clutches and belts - they are well past the normal replacement time. This is something to expect when buying an older gas anything....

EZ-GOnewild

Robin makes a 350cc 11hp engine that is a direct bolt-in should you need to replace your engine.

These engines have been known to break the rods but I believe that most of the time it is due to lack of oil and a lot of hours on the engine. This and over reving it.

MikesMotorToys

These engines have been known to break the rods but I believe that most of the time it is due to lack of oil and a lot of hours on the engine. This and over reving it.
I disagree. I have been in the golf industry for over 30 years. Not one time have I ever seen a broken rod on a Robin motor. I would say that you have that same chance on breaking a rod in your Chevy or Ford as you do in an EZGO...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
They will break a rod if you run them out of oil. I've seen it happen a few times with EZGOs. But they're not made to run with no oil.
rotflmao.gif
I'm sure a Club Car or Yamaha wouldn't last long with no oil either.
biggrin.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
the valve adjustment is something that needs to be checked once a year or more if you are running a lot of trail time.