E-Z-GO RXV Engine Replaced and All Safety Removed

Dre0256

I just bought a 2008 E-Z-GO RXV all safety has been removed and engine was also replaced. Can't find make/brand on engine other than it's a 420 cc. Main question right now is to switch from forward to reverse you have to shut engine off and vice versa. In the above picture the circle item is not hooked to anything. I want to know how to fix the F/R with out shutting it off every time. Thanks for any help.

Dre0256

This is the engine. (I got it like this) is a hot mess and I am working on it. Got it really cheap so not complaining.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
That is a predator engine, the lever in the picture is the road speed governor. looks to me like the drive belt is to tight and or to short, you can see that the belt is not climbing to the top of the drive clutch. Need slack in the belt in order to shift while running.

Welcome to the Forum:hattip::usa:

Dre0256

Ok makes sense. So what do I do with the road speed governor? It's not attached to anything. Also the engine the way it sits they put a piece 2x6 treated under the engine base to lift it so that the front didn't hit the engine/cradle mount, this has caused the engine clutch to rub the gas tank. Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Just leave the governor alone because it will not work with that setup, i would buy a engine cradle that is made for that engine swap. I think i can come up with a link for one if i dig a little.