E Z GO questions

First off I would like to say that I love forums. When ever I have a question about something specific, I go straight to a forum.

My girlfriend bought an EZ-GO a couple years ago, now she wants to mod it. Sounds like every guys dream right? A girlfriend or wife with a toy she wants you to help mod, that you will get to use also.

I live in Greenville SC and the only problem is that I know a lot about jeeps, not a lot about golf carts. I am mechanically inclined, and pretty handy, and I feel that with a little direction I could get a lot done.

We think it is a 2000 txt. I will post up pics tonight. We would like to make it go faster and maybe lift it up to keep the back foot rest from scraping going up her steep driveway.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

-Jennings

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
We're going to need a little more info on the cart. What years is it? Look in the passenger side glove box and you'll see a tag with the serial number and manufactures code. Post the manufactures code and we can tell the year.
If the cart a PDS or fleet cart?

a100, F/R switch is not on the dash.

when we go down a big hill the cart slows itself down, without using the brakes. Not sure if this is helpful or not.

Once again, thank you
thumbup.gif

-Jennings

gornoman

You have a 2000 TXT DCS cart with a Sepex motor. There should be a toggle switch on the controller cover under the passenger seat area.

Thanks gornoman for the link.
yes.gif
Gotta run that by her to see if she likes it.

Now for the other question. How do I make the cart go faster? I have been reading about chips and such. Can I add a freedom chip to this one to make it faster?

gornoman

The "chips" only apply to the PDS carts, not DCS carts like yours. To go faster you're gonna want to look at new motor/controller combos, and/or maybe a bump to 48v. Get out the checkbook $$$.

Mostly flat street use only, no offroad at all. The problem is that the driveway is very very steep. So after a long drive we don't want it to not beable to make it up the hill. So to answer your question, I want more speed, a little more torque for the larger tires(22-23"tall)

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If your cart is a 2000 with the run/tow switch it should be a PDS drive system so the "chip" will work on the cart. With the speed chip you will get 19+ MPH with stock tires. The cart won't slow down on hills like it does now if you install the speed chip.

gornoman

There were some 2000 PDS carts with F/R switches under the legs, very early production units. Since the cart has a toggle switch on the controller cover the only way to tell if it's a DCS or a PDS is to remove that cover and get alook at the existing controller. themanfromghs612, can you post a pic of the controller?

gornoman

Yes, there are 4 bolts holding that plastic cover on the controller heatsink. Be sure you switch the cart to TOW and remove a main pack cable before working on this cart.