E-Z-GO Model and Year

d_griggs

I have recently purchased a used gas E-Z-GO golf cart from a member at my golf club. I cant find any registration tags. In the photographs is information tagged to the engine. can anyone tell me what model of E-Z-GO this is and year of manufacture?20190816_101508.jpg20190817_081900.jpg

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Look for a tag inside of the passengers side glove box. post the number and we'll have the year.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
maxresdefault.jpg

d_griggs

As I said I cannot find any other tags as described in this forum, All there is in the "glove box" is 2 holes where I suspect the original was sited.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's a EZGO TXT model. Look under the seat and lift the plastic flap and look on the passenger side behind the seat for the tag. EZGO moved the tag location in 2001 I believe.

d_griggs

OK thanks I will check on my next visit to the Golf Club. Are any numbers on the engine block such as the top line which includes "Robin" significant?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did you lift the black plastic flap that's right behind the seat bottom? It's basically just a sticker with the serial number and manufactures code. On 2001 and newer EZGO's it's under the seat but will still have the two holes in the glove box where they used to be located. On older EZGO's it's located in the passenger glove box and is a metal tag. If it's not in the glove compartment or you don't see it under the black plastic seat flap someone removed it.

d_griggs

Other than engine information posted earlier, the only other clue to age of this cart is this number (attached) is this a clue?

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
Unfortunately that is a part number. Is the steering box bolted to the front axle? This will put us in a general area. In 2001 and newer has the steering box bolted with [3] bolts to the flat area of front axle. Look also under the cart on the rail running front to back under the area of brake pedal there should be a white tag with black numbers [7] digit number along that rail.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
It looks like the exhaust manifold is aluminum and cast as part of the head, if so then it is 2003 and up. Those engines are called 295 MCI if your ever ordering parts etc.