E-Z-GO Gas Golf Cart Backfires When Trying To Start

dirt2

Hi new hear.!! I bought a 1984 E-Z-GO gas golf cart 2 stroke. It has new carburetor and I also went through it. Its clean and getting gas has spark new spark plug and cranks over but won't start. Wont run on starting fluid or gas if I spray in carburetor it just backfires once in awhile very load out exhaust. Same in forward or reverse. It sounds like a timing problem. I'm not sure what to look for now. Does this golf cart have points or a spark box. Exhaust sounds clear when turning over. Any help would be great.

divot61

this may sound silly to some but do the finger over the plug hole thing, this will tell you IF you have SOME compression, then get a tester and see what its kicking, definetly stop the starting fluid trick, 2 smokers run on oil also, they depend on the oil to lubricarte the inside, instead of a belly full off oil! like 4 strokes.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
and if it backfires one two many times the starting fluid will blow out the crank seals.

dirt2

Ya I only did it 2 times to see if I could get it to do something. Any ways I thought I had checked the compression but after you sent that i went and checked it agen and found that it was only 25psi guess i found my problem wears the best place to get a complete engine kit if im going to do it im going to do it all it all. Thanks for the help. Dirt

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Cartaholics.com is a place that can be trusted for QUALITY golf cart parts and golf cart accessories. There are cheaper one's out there but they come from some third world country and are crap.