E-Z-GO Forward and Reverse Switch Micro Switches

jelliotttree

I have a 1979 electric E-Z-GO resistor golf cart that I cant get running. I found a wiring diagram and everything checks out except the number of mico switches. Under the forward and reverse switch I only have one micro-switch but the diagram shows 2. Is there anyway to bypass the micro switches to be sure thats the problem?

TDAWG

If I remember right, on a 79 you only need one micro switch on the F&R for the cart to work. The second micro switch if for the reverse buzzer only. Does solenoid click when you hit the gas pedal?

jelliotttree

Both micro switches click so i assume they are working. the solinoid clicks more that once kinda chatters. I put a new one on it and no differance. Ive hotwired the motor and it takes off. Ive tried jumping the 2 large posts on the solinoid and it still wont go. I tested the batteries and cleaned all connections im not sure whats next. Would there be a short in the motor that when wired correctly it shorts?

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Not familiar with 3X12 volts in a cart, sounds a little low. Maybe one of the more knowledgeable members can chime in... In the mean time here is a 12 volt state of charge chart...Yours are all below 30 %.

jelliotttree

Thanks for the chart. Didnt realize how much of a drop off occured. I will deff put the charger on them. Even the way they sit if i hot wire the motor it takes off across the garage. Im sure im missing something probably obvious, just dont have any experiance with these carts

jelliotttree

Ive got it up in the air and tried jumping the solinoid still nada. The solinoid just chatters normally. Kinda sounds like a car when the batteries are weak, but the batteries are charged and turn the motor when jumped. IM STUCK

Zman

Cartaholic
If the solenoid is rattling or not staying on check for drop in voltage at solenoid or a poor ground circuit or bad connection. How are the resistior coils ? check for a burnt or broken coil. that may be why it won't run unless motor jumped.