DS motor speed

Skycowboy

I have a 2001 DS I believe SN AA0129-019713. It tops out at about 10 MPH. The motor is a Model 5BC59JBS6194D Horsepower 3.10 Special Service Is this as fast as it should go. My batteries appear fine, terminals seem clean. Trying to determine if I want a higher speed motor or just new batteries

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
skycowboy

We need to know if its 36 or 48 volt and if its controller or resistor cart then measure the battery voltage of each battery just sitting and again with the cart jacked up and just a tiny bit of pedal this will be your load test for each battery.

then we can figure out something

shadowman

Forgot about that
yikes2.gif

Skycowboy

iT'S 48 VOLTS AND i JUST PUT IN NEW BATTERIES AND CABLES WITH NO CHANGE. Not sure how to tell if its a resistor cart or not. It has the FNR lever

shadowman

if its a 48 volt cart than its not a resistor cart, if batteries are brand new you need to break them in as they are approx 75% so after 15 or so complete charge cycles you should start to notice a bit of difference............very important that when you put charger on you leave it alone until charger goes off on its on which could take up to 16 hours...........................
cool.gif