Drive Clutch Spring

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
yes Sir
thumbup.gif

I don't think I'm going to be able to get an impact on the center bolt with the frame being right there, is there a good way to hold the clutch and use a breaker bar?

Ok, I put some longer bolts in the cover and jammed it with a stick of wood.
Cover is off, spring is out.
The spring I have is a lot bigger then the stock one, is this right?
Looks like it will take some doing to get the cover back on.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
looks right, so yer sayin' its really hard to compress? the drive springs i've used you could still push the cover down with one hand. a bit hard but not to bad
dazed053.gif

Well, I have to screw the spring in as the spring is bigger then the hole, when it bottoms out it still sticks out 2 1/4".
Seams like a lot to try to compress.
I wonder if I have the wrong spring?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
that don't sound right, should slip right in and stick out of the cover about 3/4. where did ya get this spring from?
if the spring is bigger than the hole it will catch on the cover and not compress when ya draw down the outside cover.

Just put it in. It does make a difference, not huge but enough for it to be worthwhile, as far as I can tell running it around the yard. The real test will be going up 20' sand covered river banks at the campground. Every little bit counts when you only have nine 17 year old circus ponies.
Thanks Nubs
tip.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
you won't feel much on the flats. been workin' on a polaris atv clutch that mates to the ez go steel back mount, the polaris has a lot heavier weights which helps grab the belt harder, still workin' on the right spring pressure. it'll choke a 9hp off on a hill before it'll slip
dazed053.gif

Cool, I can't wait to go camping again and try it out.
I never marked the cover when I took it off, apparently your supposed too according to the directions.
rotflmao.gif

I have got to get a newer cart someday so I can try out some of your performance parts.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
the marking the cover is only if your using the stock spring, the stocker hooks into the holes so you can rotate the cover and preload the spring
thumbup.gif