drive clutch cover removal

chachi44089

I have a 93 CC gas with fe290 engine. Can I remove the drive clutch cover without pulling the clutch from the shaft? I want to check out the insides for wear. My clutch doesnt close all the way, the belt is about 3/4 of an inch from the top at wide open throttle. Maybe the thrust washer? Thanx

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Are you sure your belt isn't worn? It should measure 7/8" wide.
twocents.gif

dirtysouth

thumbup.gif

Use a sharpy and mark the drive clutch (scribble). Drive the cart at wot and see if the belt removes the sharpy scribble off of the sheeves.
tip.gif

dirtysouth

Not my idea. Just passing it along. HRC can probably steer ya to a thread here on the clutches.
tip.gif

chachi44089

Ok..I decided to inspect te clutch..I was able to pop the clutch cover loose but cannot get it off because the frame is in the way
wallbash.gif
I am not sure what to do now..Do I take out the motor mount bolts and move the motor to get the cover clear? Any help would be great..thanx

shadowman

i would put the cover back on and then get the puller and pull clutch off, the only problem with taking the engine out to do this is you an engine alinement tool when you put it back in...........................engine has to be alined..............................................
thumbup.gif