drive belt

sef

after changing the cc motor to a vtwin my belt is a little tight i can't put the cart in gear with engine running but will start an idle just fine if it is in gear while starting would like to get a drive belt about an inch to inch an a half longer the auto parts store could match one 4 inches longer but i think that is to much the number on my belt is 1014081 even if 2 to 3inch longer i can move motor forward but i think 4 is to much

shadowman

C.C. belts come in 1/2 inch increments so just get your # off old belt and get the next size up.....................................................
thumbup.gif

shadowman

not sure about this site but there should be links to places that sell parts........................................
thumbup.gif

LAJim

What kind of Vtwin did you install, bout how much did you pay for it, and how can I get more info on this swap??? Are you still using the 1" belt, did you upgeade the drive clutch.. I thinking about doing this swap on an older club car & have lots of questions.. LAJim

sef

the v twin i used was an ordinary vanguard 14 horse vtwin the club car clutch would have bolted right on it but i could'nt get it off the old cc engine so i used a cluth of of a cushman cart the only mods were elongating the motor mount holes backwards for the motor clearence to the body but the motor sets awfully close to the transaxle even with the motor moved back that far my belt is to tight need a belth about 1 1/2 inches longer for the throttle cable i used a universal cable with adjustable bell ends the kind with[ ball an socket ] made frame an engine attachments to hold the cable disconnected stock club car linkage mounted a push button starter button on the floor use the key for on an off switch had to rewire alternator through ignition switch cart runs like a top but cannot shift f-n-r with out killing engine first shft into gear an restart i'm just guessing it's because the belt is to tight