HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Here a couple pics of 2 of our cars.
Our 71 Monte Carlo - Fastest time to date: 7.74et - 178mph

monte015.jpg
monte-fs-001.jpg

Our 65 Impala - Fastest time to date: 7.80et - 174mph

juggler001.jpg

I also have a 2001 Camaro that I run UDRA Pro Mod with. I don't have any digital pics except the front end shot in my avatar. Its at the paint shop now and I'll get some pics of it when its done. My fastest time to date in it: 6.80et - 202mph

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Heres one of my dad in the early days... LMAO no helmets or nothing back then.
62 Catalina Super Duty. From the factory with a 421-tri-power, Aluminum Front End, deck lid and bumper brackets... This car wound up with a BB chevy in it. It now sits in a barn in MINT condition with the factory engine back in it lettering and stripes have been removed...
alcoa-1.jpg

MoKanCraig

Cool cars, impressive times for all of them (especially the big Monte and Impala).

What track was the photo of your dad's car taken at?

I've been around drag racing all my life, but I've never had a purpose built drag car.

My dad had some neat cars though (these are all I have photos of, he's had more):

Short Circuit

Nice pics HRC.
I love Pontiacs, that was what my convertible was. You should pull the old Pontiac out of the barn for some street drivin'
MokanCraig, the pic of the front engine dragster is so cool. A front engine dragster was the first fast drag car that I got to drive.
Mark

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Short Circuit, Thanks!

Craig, Thanks for the compliment. The pic of the 62 Catalina was taken at US 30 Dragstrip in Hobart Indiana. They closed down in 1984 but there is talk of it re-opening. The pics of your dads dragster and Altered are awesome. I love to see the old drag racing pics. Would you mind if I added them to my pic site?

Also SC I would like to add your pics if you don't mind. If you guys have any pics that are still at full resolution please email them to me and I'll add then with your permission.

Short Circuit

HRC, if you mean the pics of the jrs? Do ahead and add them, you have my permission.
I can get you loads of old drag racing photos from the 70's and 80's. My Dad has many pics that I will go through. Lots of me and the kids.
Tell me if you are looking for something in particular and I will see what I can do.
Mark

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'll take whatever you want to send..... You can never have to many drag racing pics :)
You can email me any pics you can get and I'll add them to my pic site.

Thanks!!!

MoKanCraig

HRC, go ahead. I'll see if I can come up with more (and a better scan of the Comet).

Talking about photos, we used to run a drag racing paper (American Drag News) from 1990-2000. We have so many photos from the midwest, and some IHRA national events, that we would never be able to get through all of them.

Also, last year I scanned a bunch of old photos that the old announcer had. I only have a few up on the web:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks Craig!! I'll take a look a the pic as soon as the BEARS game is over...

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After Game Edit:
It was fun while it lasted :rotflmao:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thats a cool pic........ I bet that thing sounded mean with those short straight headers.... Looks like the flag man took his job very seriously also... Is that pic from MoKan?

MoKanCraig

Yep, I'm not exactly sure when it was taken. The track opened in August of '62. This'll be it's 44th year of continuous operation...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Here's a pic of the 2nd Pro Stock that was built at my chassis shop. This car was originally mine and my dads then sold in mid 70's to make room for a newer car. The guy that bought it sent me this pic. The paint job is the same as when we built it just different lettering. This is one of the cars that I lost all my pics of in the flood I had here a few years ago....
jughugger2-006.jpg

MoKanCraig

Sweet, gotta love split bumper Camaros!

Dad had Dickey Harrell's '69 Camaro funny car at one point. Back when no one wanted older professional cars. He says every day he kicks himself for selling it...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I remember Dickey Harrell's 69 camaro well. He used to run at US30 quite a bit. I think I have some pics of that car and some of his other cars. If there not on my pic site I'll find them. I know the feeling about selling race cars. I wish I still had all my dad's old cars. Hell I wish I had the pics I lost in the flood and I'd be happy.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I have a few more. I'll post them as soon as I find them. Most of them i have are of his 67 and 68 camaros. That is one fine looking ride. I have another 69 camaro pic of him but it a SS/E car not a F/C

ubercart

My granfathers car. He has had this car for at least 25 years. Never got the nerve to race it but loves to show it!