Drag Racing Golf Carts In California

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Drag Racing Golf Carts In California. ok were are taking a couple of golf carts to Irwindale Race Way 1/8 drags..

they run every Thursday night... we spoke with them and they wont me to Tech them before they run... this is a NHRA legal track so im sure there's going to be some issues but we will find out....

if we get to run ill take some pics and video.. cause i think this will be the first for carts down the track racing.... wish us luck :thumbsup:

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
well they havent opeded up yet.... most of you guys are running in small town track with less restrictive rules.... but all we can do is try

Andy4639

If they are willing to let you come they must be wanting to see you run. May not be the first night but if there rules aren't way out there then hopefully you have a good chance to run.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
they are going to want arm restraint and got them into today and wasnt thinking that they need to go on racing lap belts .. but i have a rhino in the shop that we put belts on awhile so going to use his lap belts .... we work DJ safty and trying to have the owner Joe show up at the track with 4 points :thumbsup:
they might want a battery kill switch .. i dont think they are going to like that it doesnt have sides or side protection.. anyway ill be there and if we dont race we can watch some races and talk to a few people....

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
went through tech and they let us run... but they gave us a list for the next time....

need steel braided fuel lines
4 point harness with arm restraints ( only had a lap belt with restraints)
Snel Helmet full face
firesuite jacket
battery kill

this was the first cart or rhino to race the strip

first pass we 13.72 @ 41.83 very hard to stage not used to the brake and the power...

they have invited us on the 28th of this month for an all day test and tune...

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
nice! thanks for making the effort :thumbsup: it would just great to have golf cart drag racing on both coast!!!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That's cool that they let you race. It looks like they enjoyed having you there. :thumbsup: Thanks for posting the videos. :cool:

TOM@DIXIESALES

Hey Randy looking good. Glad they let you run. You got some tweakin to go, but a good start. I pulled some of my bro's slips from last race. He goes about 300lbs running a un-lifted 95 club car with 6:1 HS gears with 215/35/12 Duros. He runs 46-49 MPH 13.5-12.9 Running a 18 HP stock Vanguard with a Bandelaro cam and isky valve springs, No other mods. Not braggin just wanted to give you some comparison numbers. If your motors putting out 38 HP its not getting to the wheels... YET. I know you been experimenting and I'm sure you'll get it. Do you get time slips at that track? That will help you dial that machine in. Let me know if I can help. :checkered:

Andy4639

All right another track willin to let carts run!!! That's great they let you run even if you weren't quiet up to the rules Cool!!! :cool:

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
we are getting our electric donar cart in today.. we are going to build to start with a 48 volt cart and my motor guy says we can hit 50mph with stock gears.... so we will find out....

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
here is a video of the test run with the new controller no wheelie bars racinbg against a rhino

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
where are some new 13" wheels with some 22" slicks slicks came from Rifter :thumbsup:

dragcart005.jpg

dragcart003.jpg

dragcart001.jpg