Drag Cart

Andy4639

Well I guess I'll start a drag cart topic here now.
Here is what I started with.

6-12 volt Odessy 680's

New body going on.

New batteries 925's

Quick disconnects

Motor cutout for easy removal.

2 Power wise chargers charging 72 volts.

Just Hanging around.

WALKNTALL

Very nice Andy. Whats with the battery change, more capacity? Did it add much weight?

Looks like room for more batteries...
thumbup.gif

Andy4639

Well with the info I have gather'd since buying this cart was the 680's were pretty much done @ about 3/4 of the way down the track.
I wanted something that would keep pushing the cart @ max voltage and amps for the whole run. I wanted @ least 72 volts @ the end of the track. The 680's just wouldn't hold that much voltage. I wanted to make sure I had the max.
The weight is about 8 lbs more per battery.
ohmy.gif

GarageBuilt

Hello Andy!!!! For a week I have been unable to contact you. How do like the 925's? What's next for that bad little cart? It's good to see ya post!! The weight that you gain with the 925 is well worth the trade off for the lack of voltage drop that you got with the 875's.....

Andy4639

GB good to see you too my friend. Yes I think it was worth the trade up.

I'm headed to a little track Sunday if the weather holds out for it.

Shady Side in Shelby NC is having test and tune every Sunday 1pm til 5 pm weather permitting! Once the weather starts warming up it will go to Thursday nights. It only cost $7.00 to run all day.
I've done a few more things but want say anything until I try them.

Andy4639

I don't think I would move the seat on this one. With moving the seat you have to move the rollbar also or it would stick way up in the air. Yes I agree it would be great but this is a cart to get started in this sport.
If it grows like I hope it does then the next step will be a more ground hugging setup.
thumbup.gif

Andy4639

Yea I know. It's suppose to be a bunch of freezing rain and sleet. I hope it misses us like the snow storms do!!! I'm figuring this Sunday maybe a no show. If so I'll shoot for next week.

Andy4639

I really don't want it up here. I hope it all stay's North of us. I guess you know where it will be then Pimp Daddy!!!
thumbup.gif

Andy4639

I have nothing but plans to test out what I have done so far. The next thing will be more juice I guess but that will be away down the road. Can I ask what kind of controller you found?
naughty.gif

GarageBuilt

Andy. This controller is one that will let you name your game! It is 100% programmable. It will allow you to use 36volts to 240 volts. Amps 1000 to 2000. Buy doubling your amps you will be doubling your power. And you can just add batteries as you go. It will allow you to run a 240 volt battery pack while only sending 72- volts to your motor. This means no voltage drop. The ablity that this controller allows you is well worth the money... Save up for it.. This controller will put you in the 10 sec club.