DPI Charger

esp

I just purchased a 1998 G-19E with a DPI 48 volt charger. Just installed new batteries and have driven it approx. 3 miles. When I plug in the charger all lights blink twice,shut off ,then the power light comes on for about 2 seconds and shuts off and I hear a click in the charger, then I can hear a slight hum in the charger. Does this sound normal. The batteries show to have 48.8 volts.
Thanks

Another question,can I run 12 volt accessories off of 16 volts,radio,LED lights,and halogen lights?

Maybe someone with the same charger can tell you more but after a 3 mile run our EZGO charger meter will show it is charge for at least a few hours.

48.8v would mean the battery pack was discharged.

Do overlook the junk at the top but this has the expected voltage of a 48v pack under many different conditions so you can know at a glance the state of your batteries and no waiting 12 hours.
thumbup.gif

If you will scroll down to the voltage chart you will see your bank 40% discharged if you have not used or charged it for several hours. Batteries sitting around this low are being damaged by sulfating.

We took all our cables off and cleaned them then the battery charger would not work. A small negative wire was not reconnected so the charger could not read any voltage hence would not start charging.

Do you have a 12v charger that you can use four times and get your bank charged up enought to stop them from damaging?

esp

Yes I have a 12 volt charger. Do I connect it to all six batteries at once or were you assuming that I had 4 12 volt batteries? My 12 volt charger shuts off when it reaches 14.5 volts.

Stop! if you have 8v batteries forget I asked if you have a 12v charger.

I know of NO way to do this unless you have an 8v battery charger and they are not easy to find. Some 8v users can help you maybe.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You can usually get away with running lights on 16 volts but they'll be very bright. Radios are a different story and I wouldn't recommend using 16 volts to power it.

esp

Thanks, I guess i can just add a separate 12 volt battery for the radio and just charge it when needed.

Can anyone tell me where to get the DPIcharger checked out in the DFW area?

dougmcp

Try it on another Yamaha cart like a neighbor or friends or take the charger to a Yamaha dealer and see if you can try it on one their carts.

dougmcp

Glad you found a solution.
IMO the DPI charger should be a 5 stage model and far superior to the Yamaha charger. I would get the DPI fixed and sell the Yamaha charger.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
what kind of batteries did you install???

DPI has a 3 year warenty and great customer service....

if you installed low budget batteries you have to change the settings on the charger...

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
yes please explain reconditioned battery

that might be the issue right there....

i would set the charger for the low budget batteries

It is a term without meaning.
rotflmao.gif

They could have just been washed up and tested, chemicals dumped in them, just recharged, etc. It can mean something different with every use of the term.

esp

How do you set the charger for cheap batteries, there are no adjustments that I can find inside or out? All it has is 5 LEDs in a vertical row red on top ,3 reds, yellow , and green.