Double line virus..

oddpowers

Cartaholic
Anyone seen this double line virus thing. I have nortons, but its not picking it up. I have double lines under certain words every where I go. If you click on them, they take you to an advertisement. I'm also getting pop ups...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It depends on how fast your computer is. I'd say it will take 15-30 minutes or more. Once it's done scanning let it remove everything it finds.

oddpowers

Cartaholic
It says fileinfections dectected removing these may damage your computer. If possible reset to a clean restore point or system backup.

Not sure what to do now......

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Hmmm, I never got that message before from SpyBot. I'd try restoring to a earlier restore point and then run it again. Do you have the actual name for the virus?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
unsure.gif

i bet roady knows

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What version of Windows are you running? How long have you been seeing the underlined stuff and getting the pop ups?

Hayden

Hello,
I was following all of the steps E-bomb gave about how to get rid of the trojan virus that takes over your desktop screen. I followed all of the steps, but once i got to ending the process in the task manager i realized my tsk manager is missing ALL of the tabs at the top to choose from. Therefore i cannot choose the processes tab to end the process. PLEASE HELP me get around this problem becausethe virus hasbeen on my compuer for weeks!