Doing a Vegas Carts 625cc Engine Conversion on 1997 EZGO TXT

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
So are Ya happy with the outcome? do the clutches shift like you want, are you able to shift from forward to reverse at idle.

ScottD1

I'm not sure about the clutches as I don't really know how to evaluate it. I can shift no problem. I still need to fine tune the idle. It idles a little low when cold and a little high when warmed up. Might stabilize as it breaks in. I am so far very happy with it. It is totally different than the stock set up. If a person is looking for the stock type set up they probably would not be as happy. I very happy about the additional power (torque). I have to finish mounting the ignition switch in a permanent location probably on the dash and getting the tach mounted. I'll keep you posted as I get to know it better!

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
There are some pretty good deals on tire/wheel and lift kits from the Sponsors here if you do so, I would:hattip:

ScottD1

There are some pretty good deals on tire/wheel and lift kits from the Sponsors here if you do so, I would:hattip:

Nubs I've been looking for a thread on lift kits. I am trying to figure out the way to go there are so many choices. Drop axle, spindle, long travel etc. Where doe s a newbie find out what this all means???? Thanks for everything!

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Nubs I've been looking for a thread on lift kits. I am trying to figure out the way to go there are so many choices. Drop axle, spindle, long travel etc. Where doe s a newbie find out what this all means???? Thanks for everything!

How fast is the cart? If it's running over 25 mph you want to use a long travel lift. Spindle lifts and axle lifts use the OE front springs and at speed they are dangerous.
The LT's are pricey but well worth it.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Well Your last thread was a good one so maybe you can start a lift thread:D:hattip:

ScottD1

Thanks Dirty, I think its about a 25 mph cart as it is, probably faster with bigger wheels and tires. But I don't really use it that way. I'm using it to haul stuff and people to the dock in the picture above. I really want it for clearance and looks but not looking to make it dangerous either. I added HD leaf springs in the back because I added a rear seat. Thanks for the info!

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Tire size will add to that speed that's for sure, but if your the only driver:dazed:

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Thanks Dirty, I think its about a 25 mph cart as it is, probably faster with bigger wheels and tires. But I don't really use it that way. I'm using it to haul stuff and people to the dock in the picture above. I really want it for clearance and looks but not looking to make it dangerous either. I added HD leaf springs in the back because I added a rear seat. Thanks for the info!

Axle or spindle lift will do then. Axle lift is a little more labor than spindle but they handle better than spindle lifts.

rjwenter

Hi. Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but I'm just wondering now that it's a year later if you're still happy with the setup. My 295 finally died and I am seriously considering the Vegas 625 upgrade.