disc brakes- getting closer

BCGC

ok, we gravity feed the system.we have fluid thru out the system. but the brake pistons still will not apply any preasure to the brake pads. lost in what to do. we removed the rear drum pads completely so to limit drag. does this cause a problem i don't see how but , at this point i willing to try anything......... please it's keeping me up at night!

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
well thats a start, but there is still air in the lines. the only way to remove it is to bleed it out with the pressure from the master cylinder, shut all the bleeders and start with the the right rear. pump the brake pedal three or four times and hold it down while you crack the bleeder loose, you may only get a small amount of air/fliud and close the bleeder Before lifting the pedal. you may have to repeat this five or six times before the fluid flows clear with no bubbles! this needs to be done this way with all four calipers.
you also need to get the calipers mounted back on the rotors, you can blow the pistons out of the calipers.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
redface.gif
Rod will get ya goin'
thumbup.gif
usaflag1.gif

BCGC

thanks i will give it a try again just one thing to add there are no rear disc just front i understand to do the one farest away first but just want to make sure we are on the same page we removed the brakes from the back of cart. thanks you been a lot of help mike bcgc

divot61

does your kit have an option for 4 wheel disc system? plug the rear ports because there cable action, and as nubs said, start with the farthest disc from the master cyl. then bleed them till no air, (do not let up on the brake pedel while the bleeder is open, just lets air in to the system agian) and definetly make sure the discs are on the spindels when you bleed the system, keep the resevior full of brake fluid. you should have success in getting some pedel on the master cyl.