DIGITAL VOTAGE METER WIRING !

thefuzz

lets see how this goes ?? 48v cc I have a 12 volt battery that runs my radio,lights exctra !
I got a new digital battry gauge I want to put in the dash an wire it so I can read the voltage of BOTH my carts 48v battrys AND my 12 volt battry? I know this can be done I'v seen it with a 3 position rocker swich UP-for 48v battrys middle is OFF DOWN-for 12 v battry I know my gauge is capable of handeling it and my swich I just don't know HOW to wire it ?? wount I need a couple 1 way resistors to keep the 48v from feeding back to the 12v when reading the 48v ?? NOT SURE ??

can someone help me out with a SIMPLE drawing and mayby what I'll need
dazed053.gif

thanks...

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Don't get excited... I personally run 2 separate voltage meters... Don't really know about mixing voltages thru a rocker switch ??? Try it and let us know how it goes...

dougmcp

It's relatively simple to put a rocker switch in to monitor both your pack voltage and your accessory battery, it's just 3 wires. You don't need resistors, diodes or anything else.

Which voltmeter are you using and what kind of cart do you have and what voltage is it 36v or 48v?
What kind of switch do you have? SPDT or DPDT? If those are unfamiliar terms, where did you get the switch? Website? Switch model number?

thefuzz

48v club car ds model swich came from napa rocker has 6 terminals on the back gauge is a led from fcb electronics for carts

thefuzz

Ayea! my gauge only has 2 wires coming from it a ded an black from your drawing you hav 4 an i to splic into this to branch off ??

dougmcp

I don't mean to offend here but if you correct what you said so I can understand it I can answer the question.