differential oil

gdshepard

A Club Car dealer's service department told me to use automative 80-90 weight gear oil. I purchased a $3 hand pump and am ready to use to pump to first drain the existing oil and then pump in the new 80-90 weight gear oil until it runs out the inspection plug hole.

gdshepard

Completed change without incident using the 32oz bottle of automative 80-90 gear oil purchased at auto store. Have some left so it appears that 22 oz capacity is correct. Cart runs and handles same as it did before.

Greg Moss

Just my personal opinion but I wouldn't run Royal Purple in anything I cared about. I personally think it's junk! I have some experience behind me for making those statments too not just saying it. I have tried that sh*t in many outboard and sterndrive applications and if now a customer says they want that sh*t used in their motor or drive I tell them to hit the road. There is no way in hell I would ever consider using it in something that I care about like my cart! I use Mercury High Performance gear oil in my rear end of my cart.