Difference Between EZGO PDS vs Series Golf Carts

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The PDS (Precision Drive System) cart is a TXT. A PDS TXT is a regen TXT that has regenerative braking. The other present model of a TXT is a Fleet TXT or series which has no regenerative braking and is used a lot on golf courses. Appearance wise their identical except the PDS cart has the F&R switch on the dash and a Fleet TXT has the F&R switch down by your leg.. The only difference is the electrical system. The PDS cart has a controller that allows different stages of regen braking and a top speed of 19 MPH and the Fleet cart has a top speed of 12-14 MPH and no regen braking.

kctay

So I want the PDS TXT, I was confused there. Is there any series of years that are better to get? Have more options, and are cheaper to upgrade?

Thanks for your answer

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
For EZGO golf cart the accessories are plentiful for 1996 and newer. If you want a PDS golf cart you'll be looking at 2000 and newer. In 2001.5 they changed the steering setup. Most people like the new steering setup better but the front axle (stock) is weaker in my opinion. They're all good golf carts and I'm sure you'll be happy with which ever you decide to buy. Just look it over real well and check the age of the batteries.