Dead cart

JTEL

OK, here is the deal. My son in law wanted to change all my wiring from 4 gage to 2 gage.he said he wired one line at a time, Well when I came home from work we turned on the switch and there was a pop and now nothing works. No click or life in the cart. My question is dose anyone have the wiring dirgram to a 92 marathon? and where do I start with a dead cart?

JTEL

I have checked all wiring to my know how. It poped from the left side of the controler. But if the controler was bad would it still not click?

JTEL

OK, After work today I have checked every connection I can find and I have voltage to all. Push to go and no go or click. I am at a lost. Can anyone can point me in a direction to go? Thanks for the diagram. I looked it over and all is wired right.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the cart ran ok before the cable upgrade I'd triple check the wiring. If the pop came from the controller it's probably bad also.

JTEL

I have checked all the wiring at least 5 times. All looks good. I can run a jumper to the hot side of the small terminal to the hot side of the battery and then the soliniod will click. With out running the jump wire I have no sounds or movement.

JTEL

Sorry after readind my reply I may have left out the part that after running the jumper wire I hear a click, but the cart still does not move.
thanks for any help, Jim

JTEL

OK, I got a complete manual on the cart. After all the test on everything it got down to the motor and just my luck It is shorted. Sooooo mow looking for a motor. I have to have it rebuilt or buy a new one. If buying a new one should I upgrade to a bigger one? What I have now is a Textron 2 HP 2800 RPM

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The cheapest way would be buy a used stock motor or send your motor to EMP and have it rebuilt. With the EMP motor you can get buy without needing to change other parts.

JTEL

I found a local guy that had the same motor as I had and sold it to me for 80.00. Put it in and all fine.
Thanks