DCS is it a mistake

Huntin4Fun

Have just bought a 99' ezgo textron DCS. Dead batteries. I'm wanting this cart for hunting. Will probably carry 2-3 adults most time mostly dirt roads, yet in MS. always some mud. I do have a 2-3 mile pavement stretch that i"ll sometimes travel.
It would seem that if you changed both the Controller, Motor, solenoid that you could go to a series type set up and also to 8X6 volts. Which is less expensive than the DCS.
usaflag1.gif

Andy4639

DCS carts they had the F/R switch that had the little cheap micro switches on them. You would have to buy a whole new F/R switch and yes all the other stuff along with it.
twocents.gif

i have a dts 2001 and regular fleet series 2000. both have the 7.8 hp motors and 650 amp controllers, hd soleniods,lift kits, new batts and new wiring. they both are great, but the regular fleet series has more torque than the dts. the regular fleet has lower gears than the dts. fleet 13 mph max the dts 19 mph max. i am trying to find out if you can change the rear end gear ratio in the dts without effecting the electronics. i have spoke with 2 shops and have not recieved any answers. if anyone has any info i would appreciate it. as far as the dts i have had it for 3 years with no problems. i hunt in ms also on mud and dirt all the time. keep both under cover and batts charged. i bought both carts stock and added all of the above for the same cost on both.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The 2001 would be a PDS. With the 650 amp controller you shouldn't have any problem with the electronics if you change the gear ratio.

I called EZGO and it is a 96 DCS and the fleet is a 2000. he also told me i would have to find aftermarket gears for the dcs. do you have any idea where i might find them. thanks marvin

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Buggies Unlimited sells hi-speed gears for that cart. I'm not sure how the quality is though. A lot of guys a running the BU gear sets and I haven't heard of any problems.

MikesMotorToys

I wouldn't recommend HS gears while still running the stock controller and 6 gauge wires. The FIRST thing on all lifted electric carts should be a set of 4 gauge cables. If you have a DCS or PDS, then you will also need to upgrade to a newer style controller. 400 amp is ample for whatever you want to do IMO. I'm not knocking HS gears, but that won't be your only expense in the long run....

You must not have seen my first post. i already have 650 amp controller and 7.8 hp motor and all the wiring has been replaced. the 96 dcs is in perfect shape, i am looking for some lower gears. but have never had any exp. with the cart gears. i own 2 outboard dealerships, so we work with gears all the time, just need to know where to purchase them. thanks

dougmcp

The stock EZGO gear set is 12.44:1, there are 15:1 sets out there for hunting buggies.
I would check with the sites sponsors like Wicked Carts or Cart Parts Plus for better pricing than the one I found.

Andy4639

You can buy the gears form anybody who sells golf cart parts. Nival sells them, evertything carts B/U. The gear sets cost around $600.00 give or take. The gear set can change out in just about any cart the electronics shouldn't effect this at all.

dougmcp

I would check with the sites sponsors like Wicked Carts or Cart Parts Plus for better pricing than the one I found.