Cushman Titan 36 Volt Solenoid Clicks Off and On

charles63

1978 36 volt Cushman Titan solenoid clicks off and on during low acceleration but not under full acceleration often causing arcking on the accelerator plates sometimes welding them in full throttle having to press and depress foot pedal to release/break the weld. Any ideas on cause or solution afraid to let others drive it.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Low voltage high current and or incorrect solenoid
I have a feeling there may be another problem is the stock motor is it a controller cart loose connection bad throttle switch

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Low speed crawl uses the most current high-speed uses much less a weak battery could cause this hook a meter to the battery pack and climb a steep hill see what the voltage drops to.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
New batteries don’t mean anything are they charging are they holding a charge is one Bad each step must be checked then Move On
Is the solenoid getting hot what is the silver tip solenoid is it intermittent duty

charles63

batteries are charging and holding but did forget to mention that this was an issue prior to change of batteries will go over connections, issue started shortly having changing the solenoid maybe change solenoid any suggestions on what solenoid is best for this application or what brand to stay away from will have to order on Amazon no dealers in area. Thanks