crankshaft repair

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
ezgocrankpolish1.jpg

ezgocrankshaftpolished1.jpg

biggrin-2.gif

ftfixer

tip.gif
how did you clean them up like that. i just pulled my engine apart it broke a rod while my grandson ran it to the hunting club. i have started cleaning where the rod connects but it doesn't look like the pictures you posted. also it looks like each one of these was the piston near the clutch as was mine.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
yep, 99% of the time its the pto side that burns the rod, farest away from the oil pump. it took me a while to come up with the right combo and equipment to do it. just showin' it can be done, the how part....

a fella can't give it all away
dazed053.gif

divot61

nubs, did you grind them or shine them? are they still in spec? it should be on the compresion stroke that takes a beating? seen a couple that were way out, u know anything about reddy heater salamanders, got one that wont fire the spark plug, propane torch jump then it runs! thought the plug always sparked to keep th fire going, not the case

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
just cleaned, mic'ed and polished. the older heaters had replaceable coil packs but they were 1/2 the price of a new unit. the newer ones smoke the Chinese control broads, plenty of them in the dumpster
twocents.gif

smokey196240

Nubs do you build these engs or should i say rebuild them
naughty.gif
what kind of performace or HP.can you get out of them
naughty.gif
while still retaining relieablty
thumbup.gif
and of corse is it cheeper than a big block
tip.gif
i have no need for fast i need low end take off for pulling and top speed 15 to 20 or better i pull a hay wagon 12x6 no weight just pulling my carts are work horses but a little performance would be nice
twisted.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
yep, rebuild 3 or 4 a month. as of june its all done in house, a factory fit replacement 295 is 14hp and will do what your asking for. i have a 93 Marathon that i use to pull my waste oil trailer to and from the back yard of the shop, theres a fair incline about 300' long and it pulls the trailer just fine loaded. a loaded trailer is 4,300 lbs, i run 23" tires and have a top end of around 25mph.

wasteoilcart.jpg

995.00 crated and shipped to your door plus your usable core, bolt your core in the crate and UPS picks it up from your place. pd return shipping label included, a 100.00 core charge will be returned once core is received. i recommend a new muffler to gain full performance, there known to plug. any questions you can call the shop
tip.gif
usaflag1.gif

920-528-8413