Convert Electric Golf Cart to Gas

jrbass

I'm new to golf carts but I was given one and I have a v twin 20hp Kohler I want to put this engine in it. It's a electric golf cart and I want to covert it to gas using the Kohler engine. I'm going to use it on my 20 acre farm. Any one who can help with tips, on where to get started? I have a work shop, welder, torches, tools and all that. Thanks.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
First you need a rear member from a gas cart. Preferably one with forword and reverse. Then you need to build a cradle just like one in the gas cart. To understand this, look at a gas cart and you will see how the motor and rear end travel together. It is my opinion that you are better off starting with a gas cart even if you have to pay for it. Even if you have the V Twin, installing it is not cheap. It's best to start with a gas cart. Using an electric cart is like building a house on free land. Some thing is wrong some where.

jrbass

Thanks for the info! It's a really nice golf cart so I want to try to find a gas rear end and put it in. Once I take out all the batteries I think it will go. Thanks :hattip: